Our Next Burrito Project Event – Thursday, October 15th, 2020 – 7:30pm
Meeting: Lincoln Heights, CA
Church of the Epiphany – (Kitchen) – 2808 Altura Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
Delivery: Los Angeles – Downtown
You can RSVP for this October 15th, 2020 Burrito Project on our facebook Event Page: (link coming soon)
- Please Note: Our Next Cruising for Burritos Event is being RESCHEDULED due to the current Covid-19 outbreak. If you are interested in joining us on our next cruise, please let me know and/or join our FB Event Page.
Our October Burrito Project Event – Thursday, October 15th, 2020: (facebook event)
IN THE NEWS:
These are interesting times with many businesses encouraging their employees to work from home. Bars and restaurants have been asked to close for several months. Schools have sent their students home for the rest of the year. Places of worship have closed their doors for normal services. We value our volunteers, so we have postponed our events during this Covid-19 quarantine. You can read more here:
http://theburritoproject.org/covid-19/ We hope to be allowed to open again in July and we will keep you posted here and at the link above.
Happy Mother’s Day, Father’s Day & Independence Day! Consider sharing your love for your fellow neighbor by sharing tasty burritos at a local burrito project.
We’re collecting socks, blankets, gloves, jackets & beanies during this winter season! Please help us collect socks so we can distribute them to our neighbors living on the streets of Los Angeles.
In September 2018, Danny Jensen from THRILLIST Los Angeles listed The Burrito Project in his 62 TOTALLY FREE THINGS TO DO IN LA (Who’s counting, but we were #9 on the list).
BURRITO PROJECT INFORMATION
Please help us wrap delicious goodness into a tortilla. Join us for the October Burrito Project Event. The evenings are perfect for a walk in downtown Los Angeles. Be a hero with a burrito. =)
If you are cleaning your closets, feel free to donate your gently used clothing. Bring the laundered clothing and blankets to The Burrito Project and we’ll sort it so we can give it out that evening.
Are you looking for a way to be more involved in the community? Are you looking for a way to GIVE BACK? The Burrito Project may be the perfect event for you.
WHAT CAN YOU BRING?
* A donation. (Cash, Checks & debit/credit cards gladly accepted)
* A case of bottled water.
* A Gift Card to SMART & FINAL
* A donation to cover the cost burrito project ingredients: https://squareup.com/market/the-burrito-project/donation-for-burrito-ingredients
* A package of socks
* A package of T-Shirts
SPECIAL OCTOBER DONATIONS
* Please bring a package of new socks or make a donation through this link: https://mkt.com/the-burrito-project/socktober
* Warm “gently used” clothing, jackets, sweaters, shirts, pants, etc.
* Consider donating $10 for the purchase of a blanket through this link: https://squareup.com/market/the-burrito-project/blanket
If you have yet to join us, then THIS is the PERFECT time to get involved, make new friends & join in the fun!
(We are GUESTS of the Church of the Epiphany & St. Joseph’s Food Bank, so this is generally a 21 & over event. If you would like to participate and you or your guest are under the age of 21, please contact me directly & we can discuss the details. Thank you).
WHAT IS THE BURRITO PROJECT?
The Burrito Project is a group of really cool & groovy people (like YOU) who get together & make burritos. Once the burritos are made, we caravan/carpool to downtown Los Angeles and we deliver the burritos along with bottled water to the homeless in downtown LA.
We gather on the THIRD Thursday evening. THIS MONTH we will be in LINCOLN HEIGHTS.
We start gathering between 6:30-7:30 so we can prepare the kitchen & start warming up the 850+ tortillas needed for the night. Join us for quesadillas, beverages & conversation.
We officially start the “festivities” about 7:30pm.
BURRITO PROJECT RULES/SUGGESTIONS:
#1 – You MUST have fun, smile & make new friends while making Burritos.
#2 – Please invite OTHER Cool & Groovy People to join in on this fun & worthwhile service project.
#3 – Please bring a $10 donation (or more if you’re feeling EXTRA generous) to help offset the cost of the Burritos Ingredients.
#4 – When we are done making & wrapping burritos, (and cleaning up the kitchen) we carpool to the “distribution location(s)” in downtown LA & Pasadena area.
#5 – Become a FAN of the “Burrito Project South Pasadena” so you will be informed of cool events going on: http://www.facebook.com/BurritoProjectSouthPasadena
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday the 15th of October. I really appreciate your time. (If possible) Please bring your ENERGY, Smile & ANY donation you feel inspired to give). Your donation helps to offset the cost of bottled water, tortillas, salsa & other burrito ingredients (which are not donated).
Please RSVP so I can provide enough beverages. (By SPECIAL REQUEST, we’ll be enjoying Burritos for dinner. YUM!)
We have 2 Phases of The Burrito Project event.
- Phase I: We prepare the burrito ingredients, assemble and wrap burritos. (7:30pm-8:45pm)
- Phase II: We walk a predesignated route and deliver the burritos as a group in DTLA. (9:00pm-10:30pm)
You are invited to BOTH phases, but you can also choose to do Phase I or Phase II.
ALSO, remember to wear comfortable shoes (closed-toe shoes preferred) and dress appropriately for the weather. Spring is here, the days are warm but the evenings can cool down quickly!
The Burrito Project
Contact Person: Alan Pinel
LOCATION: Church of the Epiphany – (Kitchen) – 2808 Altura Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
PS – If you know anyone who’d like to make a secure online donation to help support the Burrito Project, please visit our donation page: http://TheBurritoProject.org/Donate
Remember to mark your calendars and RSVP for our next Los Angeles / South Pasadena Burrito Project – Every 3rd Thursday of the Month.
- Los Angeles Burrito Project – Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
- January 16th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- February 20th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- February 21st, 2020 – 221 Bowling For Burritos Bodacious Birthday Bowling Bonanza – Montrose
- March 19th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- April 16th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- May 21st, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- June 18th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- July 16th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- August 20th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- September 17th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- October 15th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- November 19th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- December 17th, 2020 – The Burrito Project – Lincoln Heights
- January 21st, 2021 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena
- February 12th, 2021 – 02/12/21 Bowling For Burritos Bodacious Birthday Bowling Bonanza – Montrose
- February 18th, 2021 – The Burrito Project – South Pasadena