Our Next Burrito Project Event – Thursday, April 19th, 2018 – 7:30pm
Meeting: Lincoln Heights
Church of the Epiphany – Kitchen
2808 Altura Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
Delivery: Los Angeles – Downtown
You can RSVP for this April 19th, 2018 Burrito Project on our facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1598900393562739/
- Our Next Cruising for Burritos Event – Thursday-Sunday, October 4-7, 2018
You can RSVP on the facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/757165334328541/
- Our APRIL Event – Thursday April 19th, 2018: (facebook event)
IN THE NEWS:
In the News, September 21st, 2017, The Burrito Project was featured on KCBS2 and KCAL9 with reporter Jo Kwon and the following day we had a radio interview on CBS Radio/KNX 1070 with Margaret Carrero.
What happens when you combine Friday traffic, a freeway closure, some friendly drivers and a Burrito Project Volunteer with poker chips in his trunk? Read about the adventures of our very own #TacoMan.
BURRITO PROJECT INFORMATION
Please help us wrap delicious goodness into a tortilla. Join us for the April Burrito Project Event. The evenings are perfect for a walk in downtown Los Angeles. Be a hero with a burrito. =)
Timeout Los Angeles, ranked participating in a burrito project as #20 on their “101 things to do in Los Angeles,” their essential guide to the best things to do in LA. Join us and see why.
If you are cleaning your closets, feel free to donate your gently used clothing. Bring the laundered clothing and blankets to The Burrito Project and we’ll sort it so we can give it out that evening.
Are you looking for a way to be more involved in the community? Are you looking for a way to GIVE BACK? The Burrito Project may be the perfect event for you.
WHAT CAN YOU BRING?
* A donation. (Cash, Checks & debit/credit cards gladly accepted)
* A case of bottled water.
* A Gift Card to SMART & FINAL
* A donation to cover the cost burrito project ingredients: https://squareup.com/
* A package of socks
* A package of T-Shirts
SPECIAL APRIL DONATIONS
* Please bring a package of new socks or make a donation through this link: https://mkt.com/the-burrito-project/socktober
* Warm “gently used” clothing, jackets, sweaters, shirts, pants, etc.
* Consider donating $10 for the purchase of a blanket through this link: https://squareup.com/
If you have yet to join us, then THIS is the PERFECT time to get involved, make new friends & join in the fun!
(We are GUESTS of The Church of the Epiphany, so this is generally a 21 & over event. If you would like to participate & you or your guest are under the age of 21, please contact me directly & we can discuss the details. Thank you).
WHAT IS THE BURRITO PROJECT?
The Burrito Project is a group of really cool & groovy people (like YOU) who get together & make burritos. Once the burritos are made, we caravan/carpool to downtown Los Angeles and we deliver the burritos along with bottled water to the homeless in downtown LA.
We gather on the THIRD Thursday evening. THIS MONTH we will be in Lincoln Heights at the Church of the Epiphany: 2808 Altura Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
We start gathering between 6:30-7:30 so we can prepare the kitchen & start warming up the 850+ tortillas needed for the night. Join us for quesadillas, beverages & conversation.
We officially start the “festivities” about 7:30pm.
BURRITO PROJECT RULES/SUGGESTIONS:
#1 – You MUST have fun, smile & make new friends while making Burritos.
#2 – Please invite OTHER Cool & Groovy People to join in on this fun & worthwhile service project.
#3 – Please bring a $10 donation (or more if you’re feeling EXTRA generous) to help offset the cost of the Burritos Ingredients.
#4 – When we are done making & wrapping burritos, (and cleaning up the kitchen) we carpool to the “distribution location(s)” in downtown LA & Pasadena area.
#5 – Become a FAN of the “Burrito Project South Pasadena” so you will be informed of cool events going on: http://www.facebook.com/BurritoProjectSouthPasadena
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday the 19th of April. I really appreciate your time. (If possible) Please bring your ENERGY, Smile & ANY donation you feel inspired to give). Your donation helps to offset the cost of bottled water, tortillas, salsa & other burrito ingredients (which are not donated).
Please RSVP so I can provide enough beverages. (By SPECIAL REQUEST, we’ll be enjoying Burritos for dinner. YUM!)
We have 2 Phases of The Burrito Project event.
- Phase I: We prepare the burrito ingredients, assemble and wrap burritos. (7:30pm-8:45pm)
- Phase II: We walk a predesignated route and deliver the burritos as a group in DTLA. (9:00pm-10:30pm)
You are invited to BOTH phases, but you can also choose to do Phase I or Phase II.
ALSO, remember to wear comfortable shoes (closed toe shoes preferred) and dress appropriately for the weather. Spring is here, the days are warm but the evenings can cool down quickly!
The Burrito Project
Contact Person: Alan Pinel
PS – If you know anyone who’d like to make a secure online donation to help support the Burrito Project, please visit our donation page: http://TheBurritoProject.org/Donate
Remember to mark you calendars and RSVP for our next Los Angeles / South Pasadena Burrito Project – Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
- Los Angeles Burrito Project – Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
- January 18th 2018 – The Burrito Project
- February 15th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- March 15th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- April 19th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- May 17th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- June 21st, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- July 19th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- August 16th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- September 20th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- October 18th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- November 15th, 2018 – The Burrito Project
- December 20th, 2018 – The Burrito Project